ITR Form 2 is for Individuals and HUF receiving income other than income from “Profits and Gains from Business or Profession”. Thus persons having income from following sources are eligible to file Form ITR 2:

    • Income from Salary/Pension

    • Income from House Property(Income Can be from more than one house property)

    • Income from Capital Gains/loss on sale of investments/property (Both Short Term and Long Term)

    • Income from Other Sources (including winning from Lottery, bets on Race Horses and other legal means of gambling)

    • Foreign Assets/Foreign Income

    • Agricultural Income more than Rs 5000

    • Resident not ordinarily resident and a Non-resident